August 13, 2009

August Scraptivate Design Team Project....

Here are two layouts I have done this month with my Design Team pack from Scraptivate. I was fortunate enough to get the Limited Edition Great Escape range from Making Memories. It's a gorgeous range with stunning papers and transparencies, bamboo wood letter, boxes of paper flowers and buttons....the list goes on really.

 My first Layout is of a photo I took as we were approaching Lake Tekapo in New Zealand. This range was perfect for this photo, especially the Destination transparancy. I have also used one of the new Martha Stewert border and corner punches, a crafty lady mould which I filled with melted UTEE from my Ranger Melt Pot. I gessoed and painted then rub and Buffed it. I think think it came out amazing, but then I am a little bit bias.




My second layout using the same Great Escape travel range, I wanted to use this photo of my friend Heather at her birthday, the range had the best colour pallet to go with it, but I have been able to alter a few items to make them less tropical and more suited for a birthday. The first thing I did was crackle paint the hibiscus flowers with Tim Holtz copper crackle paint. This made them more just like large metallic flowers. I also loved the edge of the postage stamp/map paper, but I covered up the centre map part with this bright floral piece of paper from the same range. I also stamped on the plain blue colour paper with embossing ink and used perfect pearls to add a pattern to the plain sheet.





Let me know what you think?

Mel

xx


2 comments:

Jen said...

Luv BOTH of them Mel xxx
But especially the NZ one. Thanks for sharing honey

Luv J xxx

Suzanne said...

Your LO are lovely Mel
I like them both.
I want some more crqckle paint!!!