April 13, 2009

What a weekend........

I don't think I have been this socially busy since Christmas, so I am exhausted after this Easter weekend. Friday was spent making hotcross buns and playing games with Lawley's family (love this time with them). Saturday I did work, and it was an extremely bust day, lots of people coming to purchase supplies so they could scrapbook there weekend away (what a way to spend it I might add, i was only slightly jealous). I had a movie night on Saturday night with Emma and Kaylee which was great, I had a fantastic time, but i did end up crawling into bead at around 2 am. Normally this would have been fine, but I had the Family egg hunt at 9:30 in the morning. I have to admit my late night did hamper my hunting skills, and i missed a lot of hidden eggs. (wasn't really much of a problem, I really didn't need them). Sunday afternoon I spent on the river foreshore with my family which was just great, so relaxed, and so nice as I hadn't seen most of them since September last year ( I missed Christmas, so I didn't get to catch up then). So Sunday night I had a massive scrap session with Megan, Jen and Sharon. Awesome time, lots of talking about rubbish, a few sing alongs, much amazing scrap booking and to top it off.....Pizza! What a great night. But I haven't finished........i crawled into bed at 3:30 on Monday morning, exhausted but really happy with my weekend, looking forward to sleeping in on Monday and reading my book. Well I woke up at 9:20 to a few rough shakes. I was asked....are you coming to the picnic today?..........hat the, I had totally forgotten the picnic at Kings Park with Lawley's extended family. So there I am, completely asleep, and needing to be ready in 10 mins. I did it in 20, and were on our way. It was a lovely day, so many people in the park, and it was great until it rained, sending us all scampering for the cars. I was kinda glad, I was so tired, and fell straight into bed as soon as we got home again. So, busy, So much fun, Such a fantastic weekend.


My gorgeous baby cousins....



Moroccan Easter eggs....




Home made Hot Cross Buns....




The egg hunt action.....




The most recent LO of Olive.....


I hope you and your family had a excellent and safe Easter weekend.

Mel
xx

1 comment:

chrisw said...

Glad you had a lovely weekend Mel!you deserved it!