August 04, 2008

Create Paint Blog......




My good friend Nichole invited me to participate in a new painting blog a group of friends have start up. We are given a topic every six weeks and it is then up to us as to how we interpret that topic. I have just finished my first painting, and I am well impressed. Probably not many of you know I studied Fine Arts at University, but I am a Textile Artist mainly, but I could resist the challenge of Painting. It has always been my weakest medium to work with, but I think maybe, it has been because I have always been a little scared of it really. Well I am going to have some fun and not worry to much about things, and paint, paint, paint.
Pop on over to the blog and check it out for yourself, some very cool stuff happening there. Create Paint.

Also, leave me comment and let me know what you think of my Self Portrait???

Have Fun,

Mel

xx

9 comments:

Jen said...

OMG Mel,

I LURVE IT.... Well done

How on earth do you find the time, with your scrapping, work and now painting.....

I am useless at painting !!!!

Luv jen xxx

Bibi said...

I LOVE your self-portrait, Mel! You are too talented - I think I'm sorta a little bit jealous! ;p

Bibiana

Mel Connell said...

Well, I have had six weeks to do it right, well I actually did it all just today. Nothing like a bit of pressure and a time constraint to get you moving!!!

I have to say, painting is not my strongest medium, but I am really chuffed with my result!!!

Now I have to get Idol round 5 done before I go to work on thursday!!! oh man!!!!

Binxcat1 said...

Oh Mel... you are so so so clever! LOVE IT!

Davinia said...

It's brilliant Mel, well done.

Davinia said...

It's brilliant Mel, well done.

kelsey said...

Well....Mel.....who'd a thought!!! You're definitely an artiste!!! Be careful, if you bring this in to the shop you're going to get roped into a class! lol

I can just see that, "life drawing" classes at Scraptivate!!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous mel, such a talent here! love what you have done!!

Sam Marshall said...

LOVE it!!!!